Well #3 (at 64 Camino Manzano) has not been in regular use since March 2008 because the arsenic level (about 26-28 parts per billion, ppb) exceeds the federal and New Mexico limit of 10 ppb. The Cooperative is planning to build an arsenic treatment facility at the site so the well can be put back into service, providing needed water capacity.
As of June 27, 2021, here are some pages that have additional information.
- Proposed Building
- Sundance Mesa ACC Approval
- Material Submitted to Sundance Mesa ACC
- Photos of the site taken January 22-23, 2021
- Site Acquisition Lot 104-B
- Application to NMED Drinking Water Bureau (1/26/2021)
including comments from NMED DWB, 2/11/2021,
Wilson and Company response, 3/1/2021, and
NMED Certificate of Approval, 3/2/2021
- Application to Town of Bernalillo Planning & Zoning Commission
For 5/4/2021 Meeting